Sardello, Incorporated is a provider of rebuilt equipment, components and value-added services for freight and transit rail customers. For over 60 years, the Sardello company has provided repaired engine components and services to locomotive end-users throughout North America and the world. Our customers rely on us to provide them with the products and services to keep their equipment moving.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for the skill set identified for standard laborers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to identify basic component parts and work procedures
- Accurate, legible and timely completion of all production documents
- Understands general quality requirements and adheres to them
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of general plant practices, floor layout and procedures
- Understands quality requirements
- Possesses good communication skills
- Is a team player
- Adheres to all safety regulations and practices and established company policies
- Has the ability to learn quickly and apply new skills immediately
- Has mechanical aptitude and effectively utilizes tools in a mechanical/technical setting
To perform this job successfully, the following requirements must be met:
High School graduate, or general education degree (GED), or two years of related experience/training or equivalent combination of education and experience in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to read and interpret, quality requirements for compliance, work instructions / procedures, production schedules, measurements, shipping and receiving, tagging. Able to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to think quickly and react to situations under time restraints. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with accuracy and thoroughness. Able to identify problems and resolve efficiently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job
While performing duties on this job, the employee is exposed to wet or hot, humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level is occasionally loud.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations